Want to get involved with the Time Series Data Trial Working Group?
Current Group Members (GNOMOers sharing data as of November 1, 2015)
Ian Billick, Yan Yang, Maria Shahgedanova, Derek Kauneckis, Jeff Brown, Uwe Boerst, Daniel Ruiz-Carrascal, Mark Schulze, Scotty Strachan, Bill Bowman, Jan Dick.
The goal of this working group is to complete a pilot data publication project of time series data using CUAHSI Water Data Center tools. This is consisting of:
- A Data Inventory Survey: Administration of a data inventory survey developed by CUAHSI and answered by observatory representatives. The initial results of this survey (as of November 1, 2015) are available here.
- Formatting and Publication of Time Series Data: In coordination with the observatory representatives, CUAHSI staff will perform the necessary metadata formatting for data publication on CUAHSI servers. Ongoing – observatories that have published data as of February 2016: Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory and Sagehen Creek Field Station.
- Development of Discovery and Analysis Tutorials – Click below to access a tutorial:
- Accessing data in CUAHSI’s web app, HydroClient: This tutorial demonstrates how to discover data in HydroClient and how to use data tools within HydroClient such as the Time Series Viewer.
- Accessing data from CUAHSI’s catalog using R: This tutorial demonstrates how to access data from CUAHSI’s Catalog using the WaterML and ggplot2 R Packages.
The longer term goal of this project is to envision what data sharing and site comparison analyses could become. Several survey participants have stated that they are already publicly sharing their data through their own portals or networked systems. This pilot project will enable an exploration into what is possible if these existing data resources become integrated in addition to provide GNOMO community members who are not already sharing their time series data a method to do so.